Thursday, September 24, 2015

The gallant flame of a little candle



The gallant flame of a little candle

Listen to me. Can you see me? Can you hear me? Perhaps not because being a human you hear to what you see and reply to what you hear. Unlike humans I don’t have a definite shape, size or structure. Sometimes I am straight, sometimes round and sometimes too small to get counted. Even when I cry my voice is inaudible because you are to ignorant to hear anything other than noise. My world is a world of silence and my silence speaks a thousand words. I am a little candle.

When was the last time we both were together? Maybe two days ago on your birthday. I was there with you along with your friends in your joy among all the glittering lights of your world and still there was a need to light me up on your birthday cake. Why? To remind that you are getting old.

I saw you whispering a wish, heard you pleading to God to grant you the man of your dream and what was the last part of the wish that you will change to keep him happy. A breath of air and my gallant flame was gone. I wish you had guarded my flame, not only on the cake but within your heart too.

You were too small to remember, to realize that almighty has lighted a candle in your heart by the time you were born. Courage, strength, peace and wisdom are the key elements of that candle. As you grew the whispering in your heart increased the little candle that lightened your soul became weak. Now it flickers even with a breeze of sorrow. You are weak as you never guarded you thoughts.

The purpose of a candle’s life is to provide a ray of hope, to keep darkness away from ones path, to provide warmth. Then why don’t humans fulfill the purpose of their life.  Whenever you see a flickering flame guard it. Let no storm or even a breath of air blow its gallant flame. The little candle will walk with you guiding you, guarding you always reminding you who you are. One day the world will be lightened with numerous candles. The candle of hope, peace and humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment